What do you cook when a colleague asks you to bring a non-vegetarian dabba for his gatari? Especially when you have no time to shop and limited resources in the kitchen.
Cooking challenge of this kind excites me. So, today morning I walked in my kitchen. There was some penne pasta lying around and a packet of forgotten Goa sausages waved at me from the fridge. Does a Chorizo Pasta sound good? Absolutely. And, I also have a recipe for the Indiblogger’s Del Monte – Blog Your Way To Italy contest. The first prize is a trip to Italy and Ranveer Brar will judge the recipes, so of course I’ll give it a shot. You can know more about the Del Monte brand here.
Del Monte Penne Rigate pasta – 200 gms
Goa sausages – 100 gms (chopped)
Onions – 2 (chopped)
Cherry tomatoes – 100 gms (chopped)
Tomatoes – 3 (chopped)
Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsps
Freshly ground black pepper pods – 10-12
Basil leaves – 5 (chopped)
Salt to taste
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute onions on slow flame till they turn light pink.
- Throw in tomatoes (both kinds).
- Let them cook for 5 minutes and keep crushing them with the back of a wooden spatula.
- Add balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and crushed peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add Goa sausages and cook for another 5 minutes.
- While your sauce bubbles, cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet.
- Mix pasta with the sauce just before serving.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Eat.