Weekends are so good; you don’t have to wake up early, get ready in a hurry to go somewhere. The best part is that you don’t have to cook two meals in the morning, a good brunch makes up for two. At least in my case it does. I usually cook one heavy meal on weekend mornings or noons. Usually I prefer eggs cause they fill you up for a good part of the day. Today, instead of going the regular bhurji or omlette way I tried these easy baked eggs. It’s basically breakfast in a bowl and very easy to make.
Eggs – 2
Bread slices – 2
Onion – 1 small, chopped
Potato – 1 medium, chopped
Spring onion – 2 sprigs, chopped
Capsicum – 1 medium, chopped
Corn – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Green chilli – 1, chopped
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Keya’s All Purpose Seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Green coriander for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Heat 1tsp olive oil in a pan and saute all the vegetables including ginger and green chillis (you can add carrot, mushrooms etc if you like).
- Toast the bread slices.
- Grease 2 rameking bowls or a baking bowl with remaining olive oil.
- Line the ramekins with toasted breads.
- Top it with sauted vegetables, add saussges, bacon bits if you want.
- Now break one egg in each ramekin. Season with Keya’s All Purpose Seasoning, salt and pepper. You can also grate cheese on top.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes for firm yolk and around 7 minutes for runny yolk.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool down a bit, garnish with green coriander and serve.