Oranges – 2 medium
Eggs – 6
Cocoa powder – 50 gms
Castor sugar – 200 gms
Baking powder – 11/2 tsp
Dark chocolate – 2 tbsp (chopped) I used the Royce chocolate bar that I just bought 😀
- Place oranges in cold water in a pan and boil them for 2 hours or till they become soft.
- Cut them from the centre and remove the pips if any.
- Throw the oranges in the food processor (with the skin) and pulp everything together.
- Preheat oven tp 180 degree Celcius.
- Add eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and the chopped dark chocolate to the orange pulp and run the motor till everything is mixed properly. You’ll get a slightly runny batter, don’t worry this is how it should look.
- Grease the cake tin and pour the batter in.
- Bake for an hour. The tester will come out clean by this time.
- Let it cool for a while.
- Dust it with sugar, add frosting, decorate it with orange rind or just eat this rich dark goodness plain.